Navigating the Adoption Process
The Children’s Aid Society offers adoption services to families throughout the District of Thunder Bay including:
- Providing support and services to birth parents who are considering choosing adoption for their child
- Finding permanent homes for children in loving nurturing families
- Training and providing services for people interested in adopting a child
- Providing support to adoptive parents once a child is placed in their home
- Providing non-identifying disclosure services for adoptees and birth relatives seeking information on a previous adoption
The Agency also provides Adoption Disclosure services for those adoptees, birth parents, birth siblings or birth grandparents wishing non-identifying information. The Agency can also assist with registration to the Adoption Disclosure Register which can assist with searches to contact a birth relative.